Starting Over Is Not Easy ... Mother Baby Child Blog

I was over 35 when I gave birth to Baby Max. My middle son was 11 years old and my older son had just turned seventeen. It wasn't easy starting over again ... Mother Baby Child is a blog to share parenting experiences, as well as what marriage is like after being a single mom for so many years. Get info on having a baby, raising children, babies, tweens, teens, homeschooling, mom blogs, work at home mom. business marketing, Christian and celebrity moms blog posts.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
Meet The Mom Blogger | Baby Videos | Freebies / Giveaways | Daily Blog Hops
WAHM Business | Mom Blog Marketing | Google + Moms Community

Grateful For The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Grateful everyday

"Grateful" is the word for this Five Minute Friday and so appropriate for the day after Thanksgiving :) I am grateful for the good, the bady and the ugly :)


I am a grateful person by nature, but I am feeling even more gratitude for all of the blessings in my life. I am grateful for my beautiful family; this includes the new family members my husband and I have acquired through marriage. It really has extended the value of "family" for all of us; especially for my baby and 12 year old. We are all now related; Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Parents and Grandparents shared where they were missing before in someone's line. This is not uncommon for my husband and me as our families were extended this way during childhood, but this is a special blessing to my tween son that gets all excited when we hear from the Uncle Bob or Cousin Rachel that he did not have a few years ago. Cousin Rachel had a baby a few days after Max was born, so he has a cousin to grow up with and they live close to us. It is so endearing and I am grateful for all of their loving spirits.

I used to be a hard head ... I am grateful for God's grace and lessons.

Although my life has had SO MANY challenges, the Lord has always and continues to provide abundantly; especially in love, compassion and necessities. Difficult times have been drowned out with contentment and understanding that situations ARE how they ARE because of God's will and not mine. My spiritual walk has included knee dropping times where I used to "freak out", though have learned to embrace with a humble spirit. I am grateful to have had those experiences, too, because they have made me the woman, mother, friend, associate ... that I have grown and continue to become to others in my life. Not always easy, but times of learning and change; not to freak out and lose hope, but to pray and be grateful that my Father in heaven loves me enough to take me through and see me through to the end.

Yep ... Grateful!

P.S. On a lighter note, I am grateful that I am not Black Friday shopping today ... LOL. I've been watching the nation go crazy while I sit back and plan how to help another mom make this a successful 2011 holiday season or 2012 business year ... this is exciting to me. I am very grateful that I work from home and can do this while being there for my children.


In Motherly Love,
Mother Baby Child

Five Minute Friday
This blog post was inspired by
Five Minute Friday: Grateful

5 comments:

Shelby said...

I'm grateful not to be shopping, too. I always think it's ironic that we spend Thursday thanking God for what he's given us, and Friday fighting to get more stuff. ;) Excellent post. He will supply all our needs!

Anonymous said...

I didnt venture out to shop today either :) it was just crazy out there!

Lea Marie said...

@Shelby - Well stated! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Lea Marie said...

@Jodi - I KNOW!!! I watched a video were people were being pepper sprayed and everything. What are we becoming? Here we have families hungry in the USA and our country is worried about Black Friday deals. UGG!!!

Sarah @ Made in USA Challenge said...

Couldn't agree with you more! Thanksgiving is a time to count our blessings, not scramble for the most "stuff" at cheap prices. With our economic situation, I think this is more important than ever.
Sarah @ made in usa challenge

Post a Comment