Starting Over Is Not Easy ... Mother Baby Child Blog

I was over 35 when I gave birth to Baby Max. My middle son was 11 years old and my older son had just turned seventeen. It wasn't easy starting over again ... Mother Baby Child is a blog to share parenting experiences, as well as what marriage is like after being a single mom for so many years. Get info on having a baby, raising children, babies, tweens, teens, homeschooling, mom blogs, work at home mom. business marketing, Christian and celebrity moms blog posts.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
Meet The Mom Blogger | Baby Videos | Freebies / Giveaways | Daily Blog Hops
WAHM Business | Mom Blog Marketing | Google + Moms Community

Dirty Laundry | I'm Airing My Dirty Laundry



OK, MOMMIES ... I'M AIRING MY DIRTY LAUNDRY TODAY ... CAN YOU RELATE?


For once, in a very long time, I have finished ALL of the laundry before more made it into the laundry basket. WOO HOO!!! We go through a massive amount of laundry; especially bibs, bed pads, washing rags and towels since the baby was born. My younger son always has laundry because he has always included clean clothes in his basket after cleaning his room (those clothes that were hidden in the closet or on the floor after he testes what he wanted to wear for the day, though did not fold the rejected outfits and place them back in his drawer). He has finally stopped doing this and I am glad. I felt like Super Mom after the curtains and the very last blanket had been washed. I took pride in folding all of those little bibs, rolling the socks and lining up the skinny jeans for the week.

SO WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? WHY WRITE THIS DIRTY LAUNDRY BLOG POST???

I walked into our bedroom to put clothes away (mind you that I have been up since 6:30 A.M. and it is now 8:30 A.M.) to find that my "baby's daddy" had 2 pairs of socks and a pair of sweat pants on the floor (his side of the bed). As I sit here writing this blog post, the Psycho movie theme and a picture of the woman screaming comes to mind. THAT is how I felt at that time: 1) he has laundry on the floor and 2) he is STILL sleeping while I have been doing laundry. As my friend's mother used to say, "WHERE IS THE JUSTICE"???

So, I took a quick peak in my 12 year old's room (he typically has laundry hidden in closets and under the bed NO MATTER how many video games he loses). Would you believe that I only found the PJ bottom that he went to bed in last night (must have gotten hot in his sleep). GOOD BOY!!! For once in his life, he is starting to take care of his room and listening to my "nagging". He even insisted that I start teaching him how to wash his own laundry yesterday. That is commendable for a pre-teen boy that whines when he has to do yard work and typically takes a month to clean his room ... another WOOT WOOT is in order here for the boy that loves his mama enough to try to keep the laundry coming! :)

WHY THE BIG DEAL OVER TWO PAIRS OF SOCKS AND SWEAT PANTS???

By 8:33 A.M., I realized that I really did not get all of the dirty laundry done. I FELT SO DEFEATED. I wanted to kick those socks and pants out the window. In fact, as the original Dirty Laundry lyrics go ... I wanted to wake him up and tell him to "Eat your dirty laundry" ...

THEN I REMEMBERED THAT LIFE AS A MOMMY AND WIFEY IS SIMILAR TO THE DISHES IN THE SINK ... THERE IS ALWAYS MORE LAUNDRY TO DO :)

DIRTY LAUNDRY ...
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around



In Motherly Love,
Mother Baby Child

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Boy can I relate! I'm glad someone else shares my experiences! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment