Starting Over Is Not Easy ... Mother Baby Child Blog

I was over 35 when I gave birth to Baby Max. My middle son was 11 years old and my older son had just turned seventeen. It wasn't easy starting over again ... Mother Baby Child is a blog to share parenting experiences, as well as what marriage is like after being a single mom for so many years. Get info on having a baby, raising children, babies, tweens, teens, homeschooling, mom blogs, work at home mom. business marketing, Christian and celebrity moms blog posts.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
Meet The Mom Blogger | Baby Videos | Freebies / Giveaways | Daily Blog Hops
WAHM Business | Mom Blog Marketing | Google + Moms Community

6 Week Doctor Appointment

Max has his 6 week doctor appointment for baby immunization, vaccination, vaccines
Picture of Baby Max - 6 Weeks Old - February 2011 - Shows interest in his toys.

Max just had his 6 week doctor's appointment and it went well. I was a nervous wreck because his father took him for the well baby check up. This is the first time in my parenting life that I did not have to take a child to the doctors, so I was extremely uncomfortable and relieved at the same time. I was grateful not to have to watch them stick my baby with needles, but nervous that his father would not know to comfort Max just as soon as the nurse was done giving the vaccinations and that he would have a hard time dressing the baby. He later told me about the experience and I was relieved while listening to his father explain how he comforted our son. Thank God! He was also extremely protective and empathetic once Max got home. He even picked up the baby's eye medicine and Triaminic Fever Reducer before he got home, and made sure we gave it to him as soon as Max started showing signs of discomfort. What an awesome new dad! I was able to get some rest while they were gone, so that I could do another night of breastfeeding and broken sleep :)

The baby doctor gave Max his 2 month immunizations at this 6 week visit. They checked our son for everything (hearing, vision, feeding information, hips, back and answered questions about his irritated eyes, (ended up being an infected tear duct for which they prescribed Erithromycin eye drops). I was impressed to learn that they went over car set, tobacco smoke exposure, back sleeping, family and developmental milestone information with Max's father, as well.

Max weighs 10 lbs (25%). He is 22 1/2 inches long (50%). 15 inch head circumference which puts him is the 25 percentile. He was only 7.7 lbs and 19 3/4 inches at his 1st doctor's appointment.

BTW: Max was a little cranky and slept a lot, but had no negative reactions to the vaccines.

We will see how the eye drops and massaging his tear ducts will work for the conjunctivitis. The doctor says this should clear up on his own. I sure hope so! Looks like our little bundle of joy is right on rack with where he should be. I am relieved and excited that he is developing well. It seems like Max can see is better than the websites explain infant sight to be. He is alert and has started following things with his eyes. He can already hold his head up when we carry him. He is such a snuggly little baby. We love him so much! I can't wait until his 4 month appointment. I bet he will be so big!


In Motherly Love,
Mother Baby Child

0 comments:

Post a Comment