Starting Over Is Not Easy ... Mother Baby Child Blog

I was over 35 when I gave birth to Baby Max. My middle son was 11 years old and my older son had just turned seventeen. It wasn't easy starting over again ... Mother Baby Child is a blog to share parenting experiences, as well as what marriage is like after being a single mom for so many years. Get info on having a baby, raising children, babies, tweens, teens, homeschooling, mom blogs, work at home mom. business marketing, Christian and celebrity moms blog posts.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
Meet The Mom Blogger | Baby Videos | Freebies / Giveaways | Daily Blog Hops
WAHM Business | Mom Blog Marketing | Google + Moms Community

How Far Back Can You Remember? Childhood Memories, Experiences & Expert Advice

I had a though while singing my baby to sleep ...

I had Max in my arms and Jonny sitting next to me on the couch. We were singing some of the songs that I used to sing to Jonny and Nate when they were younger. Some were from our favorite musicals. I then proceeded with a few songs that Jonny didn't know. This led to good old 'Brahms's Lullaby' (Lullaby and Goodnight). The next thing I knew, I was singing 'The Sidewalks of New York' ... I hadn't sang that song in years. Now that I am older, I realize that I sing it in a very soft, sweet, tone as if singing a lullaby.

My thought was actually a memory ...

I hadn't sang or heard 'The Sidewalks of New York' in almost 12 years (since Jonny was a baby). The funny thing is that I sing it softly like my step mother did. I'll have to ask her how young I was when she taught that to me, but I do remember her singing the same two songs to me - back to back - as a toddler.

Wow, a flashback from when I was a toddler ... 

A close friend of mine shared that she can remember as far back as being a baby. She remembers laying in her crib, though not being able to lift herself. She remembers seeing her mother from the crib ... It is pretty cool how vividly she explains it ...

How far back can you remember?

I read an article on Discovery Health stating that it is rare to remember before the age 3 ... Adults have something that Sigmund Freud called, infantile amnesia. Experts now call it childhood amnesia. The most interesting part of the article is that we can start forming long term memories in our infants as early as 3 to 6 months ... This is exciting to me because I want to get Baby Signing Time and Your Baby Can Read for our son, Max. I was wondering how early I should introduce it to him. Anyways, here's the link to the Discovery Health article if interested in checking it out: Can a person remember being born?

Is this correct? Can you remember anything from before you were 3 years old? Let us know in the comment section below.


In Motherly Love,
Mother Baby Child

"how far back can a child remember" + "how young can you remember memories"

0 comments:

Post a Comment